eXp Realty is growing really fast in Maryland, across the United States and beyond, including Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
People usually find out about it at conferences, from articles on the Internet, from business coaches, or from friends in other cities. Sometimes their brokers or team leaders warn them about it! Then after some more Googling, they look for local agents who can tell them how it really is.
People wonder… Is it really all that great? Or is it a bunch of smoke and mirrors?
And when they are thinking about making a career move, they start to wonder… What would it be like for me to join eXp? Would I get the support I need? Would it really help me, and my business, given where I am and how I work? Would it help me serve my clients better?
People are promising the moon. How do I know what to believe?
I mean, maybe it is great for the people who are talking and writing about it – that’s why they are posting articles, making videos, and telling everyone about their successes. They’re making a bunch of money. But what about me?
When I made the move, I wondered. And hardly anyone had heard of the company. When I joined in December of 2017, there were about 6,000 agents in the whole company, and it was in 47 states.
Now there are over 30,000 agents, in every state. And over 300 agents in Maryland. Now, the stock is traded on the NASDAQ (under the symbol EXPI). The company is often mentioned in the news, and has gotten lots of awards. Sweet!
I’ve met the founders, made some great friends, and found people to help me learn more and do better. And, I’m enjoying the journey.
People ask a lot of questions like…
- Where’s the office?
- I’m not interested in recruiting. Is there a lot of pressure to recruit agents?
- Is this an MLM? Multi-level marketing?
- How does the company help you sell more real estate?
- Isn’t it lonely not having an office?
- What CRM do you get?
- What are the costs? What’s the split?
What other questions to you have? Some info is below, and if you’d like more details, just ask.
- Where’s the office? As an eXp agent, you use the virtual office that you can access from your computer for administrative work, taking classes, attending meetings, and more. The company’s physical office in Maryland is at National Harbor on the Potomac River. You don’t need to drive to the office for anything though. It’s easy to get together with people in other ways, like by going into the virtual world, by phone, by text, or using a video conferencing system like Zoom or Skype. You can work anywhere.
- I’m not interested in recruiting. Is there a lot of pressure to recruit agents? You don’t need to recruit. Some people are interested in sharing the opportunity with others, and some people aren’t. Besides, you might want to get comfortable at the company first, and see what happens naturally. That’s totally fine.
- Is this an MLM? Multi-level marketing? While the compensation plan rewards people who refer other agents to the company, most agents focus on selling real estate.
- How does the company help you sell more real estate? You’ll enjoy the technology, training, and community, and a nationwide referral network.
- Isn’t it lonely not having an office? You might be surprised to find what good friends you make at the company, all across the country, and how much you enjoy more time to be with friends and clients. And if you want an office, you can use Regus office space anywhere in the world, or rent an office of your own (or with friends).
- What CRM do you get? All agents get kvCORE.
- What are the costs? What’s the split? There are no desk fees, no royalty fees, and no franchise fees. You keep 80-100% of your commissions and can earn additional rewards.
To get accurate, detailed information on joining eXp, visit this career site.
To get your specific questions answered, to get a better feel for the company, please contact me, Carlyn. I would be happy to hear from you, and would love to help you make the best choice, to be informed, and to move well!