We’ve got a Spring inventory shortage, buyers are shopping, and sellers are needed!
I’ve been talking about how our office has been hopping, and the most recent market statistics confirm it.
Last month, 430 sales closed, more than the previous March by 9%. Listings are down 20%, to 2,650, as compared to 3,295 a year ago.
Here are more numbers on home sales, for March 2012 vs. March 2011 for Anne Arundel County:
- Average Discount Off Original Price: 10%
- Average Days on the Market: 134 (up 3.88%)
- Number of Homes for Sale: 2,650 (down 19.58%)
- Total Sales: $141,521,775 (down 2.09%)
- Average Sold Price: $329,120 (down 10.29%)
- Real Buyers (Home Sold): 430 (up 9.14%)
(Source: Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc. – MLS Resale Data Copyright 2012 – Information deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed.)
We have moved from a strong buyers market into a balanced market, with approximately 6 months of inventory.
Considering a move? Don’t hesitate to call any time, for a confidential chat.
I love to talk about real estate, and sell everything from waterfront luxury estates through distressed properties.
Carlyn Lowery, Associate Broker, eXp Realty, Annapolis Real Estate, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, 443-569-3977 or 888-860-7369 x146