As you are gathering with friends and family, I wanted to get this message out to you now, in case the topic of moving arises… People have been discussing with me lately whether to list their property now or wait until the Spring. It’s important that you and your friends and family know, if you want to sell a house, now is the time to act and get it on the market.
Here are the top eleven reasons to list your house for sale during the holidays:
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more homes are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the holidays!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market!
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a working week!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays!
3. Since the supply of properties on the market will dramatically increase in January, demand will be reduced for your particular house! Less demand means less money for you!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays! Less competition means more money for you!
And the number one reason to list your house for sale during the holidays…
1. People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers!
Enjoy the holidays, and as you discover someone who is considering making a move, please give me a call so we can get together and get their house sold!
P.S. Considering a move? Please call for a confidential chat. Your personal needs, wants, and finances are my priority and my passion and my specialties run from waterfront luxury estates to distressed properties.
Call me today for your Annapolis real estate needs, or for an introduction to a great real estate agent anywhere.